CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

memories...

I want to go back to the time…..


When “getting high” mean on a swing,


When “drinking” meant bournvita,


When He-man was the only hero,


When “love” was Mom’s hug,


When Dad’s shoulder was the highest place,


When the worst enemies were siblings,


When the only thing that hurt were skinned knees,


When “broken” were only our toys,


When gud byes only meant till tomorrow,


I want to go back


to my childhood……




I wish I had written that! Well…my talent is limited to finding such stuff not exactly writing it…Just read it somewhere so thought of sharing it.


p.s- I am leaving for Pune tomorrow !yeppie!!! To meet my ‘bhabhi-to-be’ ! Double yeppie!!:)

5 comments:

akd said...

the song is really touchy....


triple bye to u !!!!

Illeen said...

aww man.. that was something really sweet.How i wish it was the same now !

Mahesh Sindbandge said...

I must say your feelings were not limited by the words you used or whatever reason you think..

In fact i liked each line of the poem as i was able to relate it to me very well as a reader..

For that moment, i was in my childhood..

Good job..

Cheers

Arjun said...

thanks for sharing those... Wat a lovely post.... Totally totally agree...

When the only thing that hurt were skinned knees,
God..

Cheers..!!
Arjun

Unknown said...

Beautiful words.....that describes Childhood so beautifully! And reminisces it!


Keep writing more often...end enjoy Pune's weather